[TR] TR3A Gauges

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A Gauges
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:41:08 -0400
3 year, 3 month update:  took the car for a test drive earlier this week.
Slipping clutch.  Randall was right, the originals almost never die:
Yesterday I took out the new clutch disk and pressure plate, reinstalled the
old, and took the car for another test drive.  Since nothing went wrong, this
actually qualifies as the first drive ever in a TR3A.  Will take it to be
inspected, and to have the front end aligned tomorrow.  Engine purrs like a
kitten...well, a very loud, rumbling kind of kitten....

So question:  Am a bit tired of a fuel gauge that doesn't work, a temp gauge
that doesn't appear to work (electric from a TR4A), and an oil gauge that had
the lens come off.  I think I can get something like SunPro for everything but
the fuel gauge, because no modern fuel gauge matches up with the fuel tank
sending unit.  Can one source a sending unit that would match up?

Thanks everyone.

Terry Smith ('59 TR3A, Body Off done but for some mopping up, like putting on
the top and stuff.)
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org