Re: [TR] TR3A Gauges

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Gauges
From: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 11:02:42 -0700
Terry Smith wrote:

>...no modern fuel gauge matches up with the fuel tank
>sending unit.  Can one source a sending unit that would match up?

If you realy don't care about the original look, then this would appear
to be a versatile and accurate alternative:

http://www.cruzpro.com/fu30.html

But the original gauge is quite able to be serviced DIY:

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/fg_01.htm

Personally IMO used gauges are so plentiful that I see no particular
advantage in using aftermarket gauges... you're going to be looking at
the dash a lot and for a long time to come -- for the few dollars more
you can have the original look.

Geo H