Re: [TR] TR6 wheel noise (ticking sound)

To: dkspence@telus.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 wheel noise (ticking sound)
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:25:10 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/2006 12:58:24 PM Central Standard Time,
dkspence@telus.net writes:
> 72 TR6, The passenger side front wheel makes a regular ticking/
> clicking sound when in motion that stops when the brakes are applied
> gently. Also goes away when steered left, even a little.
>
> I'm thinking maybe a wheel bearing??
> Any thoughts

Probably loose brake pads but check the wheel bearings anyway.  As I recall
there is a small spring clip that holds the pads tight against the caliper.
This spring may have broken or got lost at the last brake change.

Also check for anything loose under there, like a loose caliper.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org