[TR] 1974 TR6 running on

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 1974 TR6 running on
From: "jim hearn" <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:07:47 -0700
Hi, this is my first time on this board.  I just picked up a '74 TR6.  I
am quickly learning things about it but I have a running on problem that
I would appreciate some feedback on.  I'm in California but '74s don't
need to be smoged even here.  I am also wondering if any of the smog
items are best removed only because they can sometimes cause more than
their share of problems.  I am also aware that some systems are made to
run as they are and should not be altered.  My '74 has 84,000 on it and
was neglected mechanically by the owner for the last several years.  I
am cleaning up everything, one piece at a time, but would appreciate any
help on the running on problem.  It was being run for some time without
a thermostat so the first thing I suspected was carbon causing the
running on.  Reading on I see the evaporation system has a no run on
devise so now I am looking hard at the smog items on the car.  Thanks,
Jim

===     http://www.vtr.org