Re: [TR] "The cheap low miles TR4 on ebay"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] "The cheap low miles TR4 on ebay"
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 12:27:57 EDT
standardtriumph@btinternet.com writes:

<< I fired off a question to the seller who claims she is the seller's rep.
Her
 reply is below. >>

I've been seeing this more and more, a company that sells stuff on E bay for
a fee.  The problem is the owner tells the seller what to put in the ad and
the seller has no knowledge to dispute the description.

There are people that truly believe their car is the best in the world and
have no knowledge of any faults.  Some years ago I purchased a Dodge mini van
with a bad motor for $ 250.  Looking at the car for a few minutes I could tell
the left front fender ( wing ) , door, hinge post, rocker ( sill ) and
windshield had been replaced.  The work was proper but someone with auto
experience
could tell it had been repaired.

The seller had no knowledge the car was hit as they were the 2nd owner, it
looked good to them and served well for 100,000 miles or so.  These were people
I had known and they were telling the truth.

There is no substitute for a on site inspection no matter who is selling the
car. A regular car dealer gives the car a cursory look, cleans it up and sells
it.  A private owner has no knowledge beyond "it looks good to me".  It isn't
always they are lying, they just don't know.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org