[TR] Brake reservoir

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Brake reservoir
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 19:55:39 -0400
Hello all,
Well I rebuilt the new (used) caliper and installed it today. Bled the brakes,
everything is A-OK fine. Now I have what feels like a weak clutch pedal. I
have the car on jack stands, so I started it up, pumped the clutch pedal a few
times and the transmission shifted through all gears and the drive train
worked as well. Down shifting worked fine as well as into first gear. Bled the
clutch by gravity, pumping (Know this is not the best) and I have a solid
stream of fluid. My question has to do with the cap on the reservoir. My TR6
is a closed system. The cap on my TR3 has what appears to be small hole in the
cap. Since it has been painted the hole may be closed. Is this hole suppose to
be open for venting? Also any ideas on the clutch system. I have the pedal
depressed permanently tonight with the cap loose. I read where this technique
really works in allowing the air to exit through the top. Cannot hurt
anything. We'll see tomorrow.
Alex

===     http://www.vtr.org