RE: [TR] Brake reservoir

To: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Brake reservoir
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 17:12:26 -0700
> My question has to do with the cap on the reservoir. My TR6
> is a closed system.

Really ?  When did that happen ?  I know the early ones were vented, just like
the earlier TRs.

> The cap on my TR3 has what appears to be small hole in the
> cap. Since it has been painted the hole may be closed. Is this hole suppose to
> be open for venting?

Yes, but there should also be a baffle below it with a hole in a different spot.
The vent is important, but I kind of doubt that's your problem since the brakes
seem to be OK.

> Also any ideas on the clutch system.

How's the slave adjustment ?  Too loose (possibly brought on by the dreaded
broken taper pin) can cause the symptoms you describe.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org