Re: [TR] Rotor Failure

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Rotor Failure
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:13:16 +0100
Hi John
Did this rotor have a rivet holding the brass to the plastic, I have had a
failure with a new version of this type, no trouble with any brand that does
not have the rivet, spares guy used to look confused when I would hand back
one with a rivet and ask for one without, now he does it for me! I did
explain the problem and that the one that broke caused a five mile walk
starting at 2AM! That was after pushing the big six saloon 25 yards up a
slight gradient to a lay-by with a street lamp, so that I could investigate
the sudden lack of go and to get the car clear of the road, coincidentally
it was the only streetlight within about a mile!

Graham.