RE: [TR] Woodward Cruise

To: "'Alexander Delis'" <ols@bcdef.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Woodward Cruise
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:08:18 -0400
Hi Alex,

Our club, the Detroit Triumph Sportscar Club
(http://detroittriumph.org/index.htm> has it's annual Dream Cruise Party at
a member's house one block off of Woodward Avenue in Royal Oak (one town
south of Birmingham.)  It happens on Saturday, August 19th and is an open
house type party.  We all park our Triumphs on his and a neighbors front
lawn, people walking to and from the cruise enjoy our small car show!

We'd be delighted to welcome you and your friend to our get together anytime
after 8am.  Info from our newsletter:

Once again, you can be part of it all by attending the 12th Annual Woodward
Dream Cruise Party at Jim and Sue Watch's house. Your family, kids, and any
friends you want to bring are welcome. Conveniently located within walking
distance from the center of the action on Woodward, our party is a perfect
venue to visit the cruise. This is an open house party, so come when you
want to anytime after 8 am. The party lasts until the traffic clears and the
police open up the streets (11:30pm - midnight).

We provide convenient on and off street parking, burgers, dogs, bottled
water, the grill, cooler capacity, soft drinks, Indoor Plumbing, and shade
to all comers.  Please BYOB, but please remember that open alcohol is not
permitted on Woodward. If you want to, bring a small dish "to pass".

We are west of Woodward, and on the day of the cruise the best way to
approach our house is from Greenfield. At 4008 Parkview in Royal Oak, phone
248-549-1368.  Go north on Greenfield to Normandy (13-1/2 mile.)  Go right
(east) on Normandy for one-quarter mile until you reach Parkway. Turn right
on Parkway, and then immediately turn left on Parkview (the street that goes
up the hill.)

Cheers,
Blake Discher
We're at it again!  Fifty British car owners will be driving their vintage
British cars through Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky, in the 2006 America's
British Reliability Run to raise money for kids with diabetes.  Please visit
<http://abrr.org/> to learn more about the run. Thank you!

===     http://www.vtr.org