RE: [TR] Triumph book

To: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Triumph book
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:59:42 -0700
> Sincere apologies to all listers for a 'commercial'. It's just that I've got
> about 250 remaining copies of the Triumph book that so many of you so kindly
> bought some years ago. They will appear on ebay at a heavily discounted
> price to clear stock and will be available for about the next ten days.

Seems to have been something wrong with your eBay listing, Jonmac.  I really
doubt you meant to sell all 250 books for 8.5 GBP for the lot ... but that's
what just happened !

I assume you and Andy can work that out, he seems like a reasonable sort
(although I've only met him once).

Once that's sorted out, I heartily recommend "In the Shadow of my Father" to
everyone.  It's amazingly short on technical details ... if you want to know the
exact shade of white for Spitfire wheels, this isn't the right book for you.
But it is an amusing, and well-written look at what it was like at
Standard-Triumph.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org