[TR] Do I have a bad starter?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Do I have a bad starter?
From: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:11:00 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

I just returned from vacation yesterday and went to fire up the GT6 to make
sure everything was OK before heading off to work in the morning. After a few
Rrrr Rrrr Rrrrs, it started up. I thought the battery was failing since it had
been turning the engine more slowly the last week or so. After driving the car
around for a while (thinking I was charging it up), I stopped and tried to
restart it. Nothing. Just the solenoid making that single 'click'. Went and
bought a new battery thinking it was dead. Nope. Same thing. Replaced the
solenoid with a brand new one and cleaned all the contacts. Same thing.
Connected 12V directly to the starter - nothing. I figure it is probably fried.
Anything else it could be that I'm overlooking?

TIA
Cameron '71 GT6

===     http://www.vtr.org