[TR] TR250, TR6 Oil Pressure gauge

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR250, TR6 Oil Pressure gauge
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:20:07 -0700
Listers,

I am trying to finish installing the instruments in my TR250 and discovered
that the nylon pipe right near the connection at the block was kinked. I
finally got the little barbed fitting off of the pipe, cut the pipe off at
the other side of the kink, but in spite of soaking the pipe in almost
boiling water, I cannot push the fitting into the tubing.

Both Moss and TRF show that they sell the pipe and the engine fitting, but
of course not the gauge fitting. I am afraid that I will have the same
problem with a new replacement tube only now at the other end!

Have any of you been there done that?? If you've got the Tee shirt, I
definitely want to hear from you!!

Any advice, or information on your experiences would be appreciated!!

TIA,

Jim
Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L