RE: [TR] TR250, TR6 Oil Pressure gauge

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR250, TR6 Oil Pressure gauge
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:15:44 -0700
> I am trying to finish installing the instruments in my TR250 and
> discovered
> that the nylon pipe right near the connection at the block was kinked. I
> finally got the little barbed fitting off of the pipe, cut the pipe off at
> the other side of the kink, but in spite of soaking the pipe in almost
> boiling water, I cannot push the fitting into the tubing.

Take a block of hardwood (or better yet steel) and drill a hole through the
center the same size as your tube.  Drill two holes for bolts at 90 degrees
and spaced away on either side of the first hole.  Then cut the block in
half, such that the first hole is split lengthwise and the cut passes
through the two bolt holes.  Add bolts to the holes, you now have a clamp
that will grip the plastic line hard enough to install it on the fitting.
Looks a bit like the clamp for a flaring tool.

Haven't tried it on a TR250/6, but I've used such a tool on similar lines on
a LGC.  Got the job done.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org