RE: [TR] MGB in the north San Jose Pick n' Pull Please forward

To: "sujit roy" <triumphstag@gmail.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] MGB in the north San Jose Pick n' Pull Please forward
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:37:44 -0700
> Can someone shed some light on the following.  It had something like a
> second water pump attached to it.  What could this be?

I agree, most likely a "smog pump".  Pumps fresh air into the exhaust manifold,
so the catalytic converter can use it to oxidize CO into CO2; and HC into H2O +
CO2.  Much vilified for robbing power from the engine and being unreliable; so
later engines found other ways to put free O2 into the exhaust.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org