[TR] OT - Battery Charger Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] OT - Battery Charger Question
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:48:17 +0000
I charged the battery in my TR6 overnight, and when I checked it today, it was
only at 12v. Thinking the charger wasn't charging, I hooked the charger's clips
to a multimeter and got readings from zero v to 9 volts, depending on which
setting I had the charger on (all settings are for 12 v batteries, but there
are settings for conventional batteries, deep cycle batteries, and manual
chargig). Is this a valid test of the charger's output? I looked inside the
charger, and there isn't much in there. If the charger is bad, what typically
goes wrong with them?

Thanks,

Electrically challenged Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U