[TR] TR3 radiator alignment, 2 questions

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 radiator alignment, 2 questions
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:59:22 -0400
I am just now installing my radiator for the next to the last time!  I have
already installed the cross brace for the chassis (right under the fan
blade).  I also have installed the cross brace for the fenders (right above
the radiator).  However, it has alignment slots for the radiator-extension
neck spout which do not line up with my replacement radiator.  The
extension-spout is about 3/4 to the right, and 3/4 below the cross brace.

            Earlier, the radiator was properly aligned using bolts to mount
it to the chassis and so raising it to fit the cross-member slots is really
not an option.  My guess is it is not too terribly important that the
radiators neck fit in this grove as it looks like it holds something else
(possibly the hood latch doo-hickey, excuse me, bonnet doo-hickey).

            Also, the replacement radiator does not have anything at its
edges to use as support mounts. IOW, while the fenders have attachments
welded on them, the replacement radiator does not.. again, since I am not
concours bound, I might be able to live without these upper supports- or do
I risk another broken plastic fan & busted radiator?

Thanks soo much,

Paul Dorsey

60 TR3A