[TR] Question Concerning Cap Rod Bolts

Subject: [TR] Question Concerning Cap Rod Bolts
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy@genfiniti.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:42:22 -0500
Listers,

Part 2 of a previous question, but this time with a new twist.
At what point do the self-locking bolts used for securing the cap to the rod
become unusable?

I torqued them down, noticed that the head was not flush against the cap on
several, so I backed them off to remedy the space.
It didn't occur to me at the time that these bolts may no longer be usable
after being torqued.

Peace be with you!

Guy D. Huggins

1965 Triumph TR4A