Re: [TR] fan hits

To: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] fan hits
From: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:45:42 -0400
Paul,  when I tried to use the yellow fan on TS76120L a number of years ago
I couldn't get it to work correctly - actually in the days before I knew
about the list, or even pre-list. Anyway, since then I've tried to keep my
ears open and the best advise/hint I've heard is to move the radiator as far
forward as possible in the slots for that purpose or to even enlarge the
slots at the base of the radiator. I'd be afraid to upset the balance of the
fan by trimming.
Hope this helps some.  I've got the 4 blade metal fan, recored radiator,
shielded thermostat, and  have been driving a few hours in the Florida heat
weekly all summer and have yet to have the auxiliary electric fan cut in.
Temp (rebuilt gauge) stays at 185 or below.
Tom
61 TR3A
62 TR4
73 Stag