[TR] fan hits

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] fan hits
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:25:51 -0400
Another problem Ive had deals with the recent installation of a TR6 fan.  I
initially put it on facing forward and it did touch the radiator.
Installing it backwards, as this list told me, enabled me to have sufficient
clearance to change fan belts (if need be, in the future).  However, this
brings the fan blades to where the blades hit the chassis/engine crossover
tube (that runs under the fan).  Although the blades just barely hit the
tube and only on one side of the fan, I am afraid it will damage the fan
blades.  I hope this is not a big problem and I can just trim < from each
blade to remedy the problem.

Thanks,

Paul Dorsey

60 TR3A