[TR] resolution of fan blade hitting?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] resolution of fan blade hitting?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:05:02 -0400
I did cut an identical amount (1/4) of yellow plastic from all eight fan
blades and that together with the  thickness of several crank bolt
lockplates should give me  at least < of separation from the chassis/engine
crossover tube located immediately below the fan extension.  As previously
stated, I will be turning this TR6 fan backwards ln order that I might be
able to change fan belts in the future without having to first remove the
radiator on my TR3.

            Had I known that this would be an issue, I would have added
several shim plates under my motor mounts to adjust how the motor sits.
This weekend I hope to take my first ever ride in my TR3 across the front
yard.  Ive learned a lot since removing my original motor mounts.  Im
still learning so please continue to hit me with TR enlightenment.

            The biggest tweaking that I think Ive done is to move my
exhaust over to the passengers side of my LHD TR3A.  I did this because I
replaced my old steel fuel line with rubber fuel line AND I couldnt bear
the thought of a possible gas leak right over the existing exhaust pipe (so
I moved it).

Thanks,

Paul Dorsey

60 TR3A