Re: [TR] TR4A clutch not clutching

To: FPrecht@frostburg.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A clutch not clutching
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:17:26 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/2006 2:41:41 PM Pacific Standard Time,
FPrecht@frostburg.edu writes:

Question  for those more knowledgeable than I on things Triumph.
'65 TR4A - ran great  before I went on vacation.  When I returned after a
month, and wanted  to go for a 're-aquaintance' drive, the clutch refused to
allow me to shift  into any gear.

It sounds to me like the fristions disc is stuck to the flywheel or  pressure
plate. This is pretty common on my TR3 if it sits for a long  time.
 here's how I fix mine:

1. I jack up both rear wheels.
2. I start the engine in gear (wheels spin now).
3. Try running the engine up a little in speed and simultaneously hit the
brake and the clutch and pull hard on the e brake.
4. repeat as necessary.

Another way which some favor is to get the car on the road and hit the
brakes and the clutch. I don't like that as I think its dangerous.
Good Luck
Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org