[TR] Floors and doors!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Floors and doors!
From: <richhalpern@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:33:32 -0500 (CDT)
All,

I am only a few weeks away from replacing floors and sills on the TR4, and I
wanted to run an idea by any veterans of the cause. I was thinking that instead
of welding or bolting solid angle or steel bar across the door openings, I
would build a slightly more versatile rig. I thought of taking pre-drilled
angle iron up each post A and B and then connecting them with all-thread with
double nuts and lock washers. Then, if I want to tweak (A TECHNICAL TERM)the
door gap in a bit, I can slightly loosen the nuts, and adjust the rig. I would
place one all-thread at the top of the door opening and one at the bottom. What
do you think? Will this work, or offer any advantage to tradition?

Rich
61 TR4 CT1468LO
Lansdale PA

===     http://www.vtr.org