Re: [TR] can you tell me what this is

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TR] can you tell me what this is
From: Michael Porter <portermd@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:37:25 -0600
ZoboHerald@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/22/2006 6:20:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>sumton@sbcglobal.net writes:
>
>http://www.sumton.com/daves/misc/
>
>seen last weekend in southern  Illinois, on 37 I think, probably near Mound
>City.
>
>It had Lucas tail  lenses?????????????????????????????????
>

>==AM==
>My guess would be a mid-1950s Hillman Minx convertible.

I've got to agree with Andy, although getting the model and is a bit of
a trick, with so little trim on this one.  Complicating that is that
Hillman had overlapping years of the same model with different
designations (`56 and `57 had one model known as the Minx Phase VIII and
Phase VIIIA, which had one body style and trim, _and_  a Minx Series I
and Series II, and then there were cosmetic changes between all of those
from year to year)....

 From the grille and the taillights, I'm going to say this is a `57 or
`58 Minx Series II.  `59s had a longer teardrop shaped taillight and the
`56s had a larger, slightly differently-shaped grille.

Cheers.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

===     http://www.vtr.org