Re: [TR] can you tell me what this is

To: "Michael Porter" <portermd@zianet.com>, <ZoboHerald@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] can you tell me what this is
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:55:34 -0500
> From the grille and the taillights, I'm going to say this is a `57 or `58
> Minx Series II.  `59s had a longer teardrop shaped taillight and the `56s
> had a larger, slightly differently-shaped grille.
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Michael D. Porter
> Roswell, NM

I agree with Michael and Andy.  It's a Series II Minx convertible.  See
http://www.charm.net/~pdbragg/whatsahillman/photos.html for a picture of
one.

My friend's dad had one of these back in the 60's, which we got to use
occasionally when driving up to London to watch West Ham United, the
aristocrats of football.  It was a great car - very smooth ride, although
quite stately from an acceleration viewpoint, and the girls loved it.  Those
were the days...

Michael Marr
Naperville, IL
1960 TR3A