[TR] TR7 engine block differences

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR7 engine block differences
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:09:05 -0500
I'm in the middle of an TR7 4 cylinder engine teardown/rebuild and found
that the engine block I had planned on using has a nice crack about 4"
long where the water drain plug is.

I have another doner block of unknown origin or year.  Are there any
differences in the engine blocks from year to year?  The engine I need to
build is for a 1980 TR7.

I plan on doing a close inspection to see if all of the obvious mounting
holes, etc are on the replacement block but it sure would be nice to know
if the blocks were the same so I wouldn't have to worry about it!

Thanks,

Brad
http://www.141.com/triumphs

===     http://www.vtr.org