Re: [TR] TR6 Wheel color...

To: SHOMWAY@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Wheel color...
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:50:44 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2006 10:16:55 AM Central Standard Time,
SHOMWAY@aol.com writes:
> Anyone have a paint color code for a spray paint that is a close match to
> the
> TR6 wheels? Would prefer something that can be purchased off the shelf. At
> one time there was a Dupli-color paint that was a close match, I believe it
> was
> a Ford color like argent silver. Also, was the valve cover and air cleaner
> painted the same color?

Ford Argent or Duplicolor "Steel Wheel" paint is a close match and unless you
are trying to match paint for touch-up only it is close enough.  In
otherwords if you paint the whole wheel it is good enough for daily purposes.
If you
are going Pebble Beach, maybe not.  I use the Duplicolor paint and I am quite
happy with it.  Clear coat it afterwards and it will look great.

I don't know if this is the same color as the valve cover and air cleaners
but, again, if you paint them both the same color, who's going to know?

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org