Re: [TR] Gremlins again

To: chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Gremlins again
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:17:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2006 10:59:14 PM Central Standard Time,
chris.buckley@tz.knightfrank.com writes:
> Hi List,
> A new problem has started with my TR4A. When driving (at any speed) the
> motor will cut and if left in gear, the ignition light comes on. It then
> either sorts itself out or when I turn the starter it starts and carries on.
> The last time, (as I was about to put it in the garage) the starter was also
> dead and then it started 2nd try.
> Can someone advise which particular electrical circuit I should be looking
> at for bad connections etc?

This sounds like a bad ignition switch.  My TR6 would do that.  Worse on the
highway was the overdrive would drop out so the rev's would pick up.  Wiggle
the key and everything would come back on line.

I think I had one of those Windows keyswitches.  I replaced it with a Linix
switch and it has been trouble-free ever since.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org