[TR] TR6 Spark Plug Gap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR6 Spark Plug Gap
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:53:36 -0500
I'm looking for the lists' collective wisdom. I am going to replace the spark
plugs on my '73 TR6 for the first time. The emissions decal states they should
be gapped at .025 but the plugs I removed were gapped at .035. This car has the
Crane Fireball XR700 electronic ignition and has a Lucas Sport ignition coil.

Does the addition of these upgrades permit the wider gap or should I use
Triumphs original data? My distributor cap and rotor are replacements from TRF.

Greg Gelhar
1973 TR6
1980 TR8
Osseo, MN