[TR] TR3 skidplate?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 skidplate?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 23:23:50 -0400
I know I dont have to have it.  Its just that Ive got the radiator off
and Im gonna try and stay with the angle-iron braces that held my homemade
rotisserie for the chassis.  The two pieces of 2 angle-iron bolted to the
rails, and would serve as a good TR3 tow bar if I ever inherit a motor home
(0% chance).

            This tow arrangement only seems to interfere (so far) with the
under-radiator-protector/cross-bar.  Thus, to keep my angle-iron Ive had to
retire this cross bar. (And if all works out, Ill be sending it to another
listee.)  Im hoping neither the apron nor bumper will cause me to scrap the
idea!  Right?

            But I did need some sort of protection for the radiator, and,
while I was at it, I decided to make a skid plat which extends under the
radiator plus the7-8 to the front engine plate or chassis cross-bar.(area
below the fan).

            I certainly wont be off-roadin.  I guess I did it because I
could, it just seemed like a good idea.  Maybe I did it cause I thought I
could get away with it?  Is there any reason I shouldnt?

Thanks,

Paul Dorsey

60 TR3