Re: [TR] TR3 skidplate?

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 skidplate?
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 01:50:46 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/2006 8:48:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

But I  did need some sort of protection for the radiator, and,
> while I was at  it, I decided to make a skid plat which extends under the
> radiator  plus the7-8 to the front engine plate or chassis cross-bar.(area
>  below the fan).

The lower flange of the lower front of the frame of my TR3 is rolled back  an
inch or so. It happened when I was driving over railroad tracks in an
industrial area. I was doing maybe 20 mph. The car stopped in about 1 inch! I
was
wearing my seatbelt fortunately. I think abut that everytime I see it. A  skid
plate would have prevented it.

Mike Moore TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org