RE: [TR] Back for a visit

To: "'Triumph list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Back for a visit
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:49:14 -0700
> I think there was a recent discussion about a company reproducing TR
> frames.  I didn't pay a lot of attention to the thread but
> you might be
> able to rebuild the vehicle on a new frame is you are so inclined.

I did consider that, but basically it would need a new frame and a new body,
plus it already needed a new engine, rear end, interior ... easier to start
over with a different car.  Which is what I'm doing.

Hopefully my Frankenstein gearbox (TR3 top cover with dipstick, TR4 OD, TR6
main box) is still OK and can go into the "new" TR3.  Pretty much everything
else is either ruined, or was on the slate for replacement anyway.  I'll
eBay any leftovers.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org