[TR] re: Prestige Autowood for my TR6 - choice of veneer?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] re: Prestige Autowood for my TR6 - choice of veneer?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:41:52 EST
Hi Brian, (a third option)
How about a nicely restored ORIGINAL dash .. those Prestige dashes are so
high quality it can be like hanging a gorgeous crystal chandelier in an
otherwise
average apartment.. The dramatically higher quality can cheapen the rest of
your interior.
Prestige is better suited for brand new Aston Martin's interiors in my
opinion.
The original TR designers chose materials and colors with great care to
create a beautiful and balanced aesthetic - why not honor their fine results by
restoring an original dash to 'as new' condition - it will look great!
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74 .. ground up resto mode since '99

I'm thinking of ordering either the Walnut Burlwood or Fiddleback Mahogany
dash from Prestige Autowood for my TR6.   If anyone has photos of either of
these veneers installed, can you send them - or the web link to them - to me
off-line?
I'm of course interested if anyone has an even better option than these two
choices.
Thanks,
Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6