[TR] re: TR6 brake failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] re: TR6 brake failure
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:46:28 EST
Hi Joe,
I had a TR4 fuel line start leaking in same area - it was vibrating against
the clip or and wore a hole in the tubing! You may simply need a new section of
brake line.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

After a wild and rainy weekend it's actually a nice
sunny Monday here in Vermont so I decided to take the
TR6 to work.  It had other ideas.  Coming out of the
garage, the brake pedal didn't pump up and the brake
warning light came on.  Here's the quick 5 minute
evaluation before I jumped into another car.

The view from above:  The rear well of the master
cylinder is empty, but it doesn't look like it's
leaking anywhere, and the brake lines leading down
through the engine bay seem dry.

The view from below:  There's a puddle of fluif on the
frame and the ground under the A post area on the
driver's side.

Any ideas on where to look further?

===     http://www.vtr.org