Re: [TR] random orbital polishers

To: allenhess@mgcarclub.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] random orbital polishers
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:48:17 EST
Griots may know how to polish but he also REALLY knows how to market.   My
TR6 came to me with sadly mediocre paint from which snow had been brushed  off.

Need I say more?  I bought a Craftsman 10" orbital polisher and  Mequiar's
products including two grades of scratch remover.  I used  Mequiar's Show Car
Glaze after all that and then Yellow Carnuba wax.  The  long and the short of
it
is the car came up looking like it had been  painted.  Is it perfect? No.
Does it win, Yes.  A friend bought  the Griots COMPLETE setup and I used it to
take the finish over the goal line,  so to speak.  In my opinion there was no
improvement over my  Craftsman/Mequiar setup, and I am an annoyingly detailed
guy.  I say save  your money.  BTW the car is BRG so it is not a forgiving
color like  white.

===     http://www.vtr.org