Re: [TR] Alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Alternator
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 05:51:24 -0800
(Stuarts spam blocker would not let my email through so I am sending to the
list in general, I feel so rejected :-{)

I believe the one that you are referring to is for a 1980 Ford fiesta, with
air - but I am not entirely sure that it will work in this application.  It
is supposedly a direct bolt on for a TR6 - and its only a 55 - 60 amp as
well and does not come with a pulley
>Can anyone tell me an non Lucas alternator which will fit a 1980 TR8 with
A/C.?
>I've heard that there is a Bosch 80/85 amp one that is virtually a bolt in
fit.
>Need to known what car to quote at my local Napa etc or the actual
alternator model number

Barry Schwartz
La Mesa, CA (San Diego)