[TR] Recovering TR3A dogleg capping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Recovering TR3A dogleg capping
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 08:47:48 EST
Thanks everyone who responded with instructions on recovering the pesky
doglegs on my TR3A.  This is how it came out.  I used a Marine PVC  with
polyester
backing that I got at Jo-Anns Fabrics.  It is quite stretchy  to begin with,
it is made for marine upholstery applications, and the grain is  VERY similar
to the original.  I used a 3M Hi Strength 90 spray contact  adhesive and it
stretched on beautifully with no heat application.  I used  a jig as was
demonstrated by one of the respondents.  I was surprised how  easy it was.
Thanks
again.

===     http://www.vtr.org