Re: [TR] TR2 Valve Cover Needed

To: jmwagner@greenheart.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR2 Valve Cover Needed
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:50:30 EST
In a message dated 12/11/2006 9:16:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jmwagner@greenheart.com writes:

Hello all...   I am now the proud owner of 1954 Triumph  TR2  Commision #
TS 805 LO.

I plan to restore the car  mechanically and visually in such a way as to
maintain it's wonderful old  vintage patina....
Does anyone have an original TR2 Valve cover (and  cap)  that,
preferably, doesn't need to be re-chromed?

==AM==
First, congratulations on acquiring such a wonderful, rare car!  Second, this
early a car would've had a black-painted valve cover, not  chrome as the
later cars did (supposedly from engine number TS18230). The  early oil cap is
different as well.

What sort of restoration is required, and what of the "wonderful old  vintage
patina" will you be able to preserve?

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org