RE: [TR] e-mail change

To: "Jack Williams" <jackandangie@comcast.net>, "triumphs"
Subject: RE: [TR] e-mail change
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 12:29:21 -0800
> Okay... So
> Comcast is becomgin roadrunner and now I have to change my e-mail.
>
> a little help in the unsubscribing/resubscribing department would be
> appreciated. I assume I send a command through e-mail to majordomo but I
> can't remember the context.

I had the same problem, sent :

subscribe triumphs tr3driver@ca.rr.com

subscribe shop-talk tr3driver@ca.rr.com

etc. to majordomo@autox.team.net .  Be sure the message is in plain text format,
and watch for the confirmation response (you have to send a second email for
each list, giving the confirmation number for that list).  Also be careful with
spelling, majordomo is kind of picky <G>

To be certain you don't miss anything, it's probably best to subscribe the new
address first, then unsubscribe the old address when you start getting
duplicates.  But I think I lost more messages due to RR/TW foulups than due to
slow switchover.

There may be a mail list server change in the not-too-distant future (some lists
have already changed), so these instructions may not be good for long.  But they
work today.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org