[TR] Spare wheel fitting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Spare wheel fitting
From: Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:37:14 -0500
Greetings,

Having 'won' an immaculate, original, spare-wheel hook bolt, disc and wing
nut, I need to complete the fitting with something to hook to. My spare
wheel well has but a hole in the centre and some sort of worn, dishevelled
rubber piece mounted beneath. I see vague pictures in the catalogues of a
raised 'n' shape for the hook. Was this welded to the wheel well, or is it
mounted through this hole and uncertain rubber piece?

If someone could kindly send me a couple of close up shots of the fitting
for the hook bolt in the boot of their TR4, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Brian in Valley Forge, PA
'63 TR4

===     http://www.vtr.org