Re: [TR] Spare wheel fitting

To: Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com
Subject: Re: [TR] Spare wheel fitting
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:18:58 -0500
On Monday 18 December 2006 04:37 pm, Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Having 'won' an immaculate, original, spare-wheel hook bolt, disc and wing
> nut, I need to complete the fitting with something to hook to. My spare
> wheel well has but a hole in the centre and some sort of worn, dishevelled
> rubber piece mounted beneath. I see vague pictures in the catalogues of a
> raised 'n' shape for the hook. Was this welded to the wheel well, or is it
> mounted through this hole and uncertain rubber piece?
>
> If someone could kindly send me a couple of close up shots of the fitting
> for the hook bolt in the boot of their TR4, I'd be very grateful.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian in Valley Forge, PA
> '63 TR4

Brian,

The hook bolt fits to the frame as you would expect. However you must put in
3 standard pads between the frame and the body. The hook bolt is secured with
a flat washer, lock washer and a nut. I am guessing your dishevelled rubber
piece is the 3 washers.

So you should replace the rubber/fiber washers. The part # is 601994.

I am guessing you dont have the hook. I will attempt to take a photo of the
hook in place and send it to you directly. After dinner.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org