[TR] 2 TR3 ?'s: A-post & sill positioning

To: list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] 2 TR3 ?'s: A-post & sill positioning
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 0:19:00 -0500
Thanks folks for your wonderful suggestions. Sorry I can't send pictures.
Although Santa may bring me a good digi camera!!!!

I am wondering if the bottom of the A-post (and where it meets the inner sill)
needs to be almost exactly vertical? (**Question1) vertical.**Q1)())9
Suggested was the fact that tomorrow I'll be supporting the side footwell
panel with a bolt in the very front of the new inner sill...which will stiffen
and prevent the scuttle that wants to drop.

The biggest question I have now is how necessary is it that the A-post (where
it jogs back-and-forth) sit squarely on the inner sill? (**Q2)  Previously,
On trial fits i've obtained the correct gaps with the door and sills level
without the A-post going all way down to sit on the inner sill.  Also, in his
TR3 restoration manual, Roger William's says to lift it 1/8" more than
necessary.

Even with the outer sill/rocker panel in place, this crack will proably be
evident at the base of the door at the A-post and below the door hinges.

Thanks a billion,
Paul Dorsey

===     http://www.vtr.org