Subject: [TR] Armstrong shocks rebuilt

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Subject: [TR] Armstrong shocks rebuilt
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:22:05 -0600
You wrote: Anybody perform a restoration or rebuild on Armstrong Lever shocks
=====================
Yes, several... lol

It  sounds like you had/have air in the shock around the valve. (air
compresses instead of hydraulically forcing the valve open) I don't
know what instructions you followed, but if you emptied the shock you
should be adding oil through the 7/8 valve plug, with the shock in a
vise and the valve area angled up.

I just returned from some shopping and visited some
"establishments".   If you, or anyone here, would  like a more lucid
description of the refilling process, let me know. Sometime after a
few coffees tomorrow I should be able to handle it.
  (Thanks for spell check!)
Cheers!

        Peter C.

===     http://www.vtr.org