Re: [TR] Tipping Valve

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, bahodge80@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Tipping Valve
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:10:15 EST
Could you not use a hardened bolt with the appropriate sized head and a nut
and jam nut?  You can get stainless, grade 5 and grade 8 at Lowes.  I  would
put a box wrench on first then a nut and then the jam nut so that the box
wrench is on the right side of the nuts for removal since the flats are not
going
to line up properly to use a box wrench after the nuts are on.   Coupler nuts
are not particularly hard, plus they are hollow.  Just a  thought.  I have
never had the call to do this so I may be missing  something.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO

===     http://www.vtr.org