RE: [TR] Bouncing Email

To: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Subject: RE: [TR] Bouncing Email
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 22:40:02 -0800
> I'm very Internet and PC savvy but this one has me baffled. I'm trying to
> send a Plain Text email to someone and it keeps getting bounced with this
> message "The user does not accept email in non-Western (non-Latin) character
> sets."

Bob, I've mentioned this before to you, as it makes even your list posts look
"odd" on my computer.  Your email client is set to use "Central European"
encoding, rather than "Western European" or "US ASCII".  These encoding
selections apply even in "plain text" format ... they are implemented as a
header line.  Your header line reads :

while I'm guessing something like :

would work better.  In my version of Outlook, the encoding option is under
Tools/Options/Mail Format/Internation Options.  I think you are running a later
version, but it might be similar.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org