Re: [TR] Need method for welding floorpans

To: lists02@canleyworks.com, dorpaul@negia.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Need method for welding floorpans
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:16:44 EST
In a message dated 1/9/2007 12:17:20 AM Central Standard Time,
lists02@canleyworks.com writes:
> I wonder whether this might be a good place to use one
> of the high-tech adhesives that have been discussed
> here recently? Tack weld the floorpan to the sill as
> original, then use adhesive to bond the upper edge to
> the sill.

It's like dij` vu all over again.*  I get to answer this again.

Sure this is a good place for this product.  A better place is in the joint
so if you haven't already welded the pieces together run a bead immediately
before welding (test fit dry first) and weld away.  But on seams already
welded
applying this on the outside works well, too.

Dave

*(With apologies to Yogi Berra)

===     http://www.vtr.org