RE: [TR] TR lifters

To: <BearTranserv@aol.com>, <Dave1massey@cs.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR lifters
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 17:19:05 -0500
What about the car or truck behind the truck?

I'm sorry for their family, but that's just pitiful

R. Ashford Little II
'70 TR6, 73.5 911

Careful with that reasoning.  I know you were joking but I know  a company
that runs a fleet of trucks and one was involved in a fatality  accident.  A

young lady and her child veered across a median into oncoming  traffic, hit
one
of their trucks and both were killed.

The family sued and in court it came out that the truck was moving at 3-5
mph over the posted speed limit.  The attorney argued successfully that if
the
truck had not been speeding they would not have been at that place at that
time, and the lady might not have hit anyone.

It cost the company many thousands of dollars.

Robert B.  Houston

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT