RE: [TR] Brake pads tight

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Brake pads tight
From: "Terry R Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:28:26 -0500
Ray, I didn't notice any other replies, so thought I'd fertilize the ground
with my thoughts.  Actually, wild guesses.

There may be a number of things causing the drag you mention, perhaps
related to the stiffness of new parts.  But I wonder, when you used the
clamps to push the pistons, did you release the bleeder valve to let the air
escape?  Compressed air is not efficient compared to brake fluid, obviously,
but it might be enough to cause the drag you mention.

Terry Smith, Master Guesser
New Hampshire

===     http://www.vtr.org