Re: [TR] Brake pads tight

To: ray@raysmg.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Brake pads tight
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 18:42:33 EST
If you cannot push the piston in far enough manually for the pad to clear
the rotor, then it will not get better.  Is it both the inboard and  outboard
pad that is dragging?
When I rebuilt mine I took a piece of 3/4" iron pipe about 1" long and put
it in the center cavity of the piston and then seated the piston all the way in
 with a C clamp.  You want to be able to assemble the brakes, pads, etc, and
before you put the fluid to 'er spin the rotor with no pad contact.
Obviously once you put pressure on the pads they will move in very close but no

constant friction when spun by hand

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO