[TR] TR4A Project Car Arrives

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A Project Car Arrives
From: "Jerry Oliver" <JerrysJaguar@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:10:05 -0800
Hello list,
Today I became a TR owner again. My project 66 TR4A arrived via transport
truck. I was on the Triumphs list a good deal back in the late 90s when I
restored a TR4A IRS, which eventually took 1st place People Choice at the
2000 Oregon VTR National. I got the itch last year for a Jaguar E Type V12
roadster, so I parted with that car and two others to acquire my silver V12.
So I missed having a TR for awhile. I decided I wanted a solid axle car, and
a rusty friend, a project car to with which to spend time (and money). So, I
bought one off Ebay in mid December. Delayed by the holidays and then snow
storms in Denver, a state inspection to get the lost title squared away, and
a few minor repairs to get it ready for transport, I now have it at my
workshop.
What am I going to do with it? Well, I guess I have about three unsatisfied
urges. One is to restore it like the TR4A I had in college in 1967. But, I
did that with the IRS car. Another urge is to drive it as a beater, pretty
much like to cars one used to see years ago, a beat up TR, back 20 years
ago, when they weren't worth $200.00 Another, is to install the extra 3.8L
XK engine I have laying under the bench. I think I mentioned this once
before on the list, about 6 or 7 years ago, and everyone told me I was
crazy. Maybe they were right.  But, take a look at this Sprite with an XK
engine; http://www.coupers-cars.com/sprite_restoration.htm  Wild, huh?
Probably unreasonably expensive and too high a degree of difficulty for me.
However, it's great just thinking about MY TR again.

Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA
S830079 - 1958 XK150 OTS
S830318 - 1958 XK150 OTS