[TR] RE: [Wedge] Automotive relays

To: "tr8" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "triumphs"
Subject: [TR] RE: [Wedge] Automotive relays
From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:17:33 -0600
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question on relays. The relays I
have found did not have any diagram on them but the terminals were marked
85, 86, 30, 87, and 87a like most of you suggested. That means these are
single pole double throw. I have also learned that even though most 5 pin
relays will fit the socket there is also a isolated double pole single
through version used as the starting relay on the TR8. on that one there
are two terminals marked 87, but no 87a. They are NOT interchangeable!

Greg Gelhar
1980 TR8
1973 TR6
osseo, MN

> I have found some 40 Amp rated automotive relays and am wondering if they
are of any use in my TR8. My question is, do all five terminal, 12 volt
relays with this base have equivalent contact arrangements?

===     http://www.vtr.org